The owner and lead musician, Aija Izaks, has resided in Houston since 1997 and has played with most of the local music businesses you can find on the market today. This has provided her an opportunity to meet countless players and to find the best PROFESSIONAL musicians to perform for her. This guarantees that your event will be a success!
Aija has studied Music Performance for 18 years at some of the finest music institutions in Europe, such as the Rimski-Korsakov Music School for the Gifted (St. Petersburg, Russia), Emils Darzins Music School for the Gifted (Riga, Latvia), and has earned her Master's Degree in Music Performance from the prestigious Music College, Latvian Music Academy (Riga, Latvia). She was announced "Best Graduate of the Year" in a leading National magazine.
Aija has traveled and performed all over the world and learned first hand different types and styles of music such as Baroque, Classical, Popular, Broadway, Jazz, Swing, Blues, Country & Western, Fiddling, various Ethnic styles, and many others. Prior to moving to the U.S., Aija was the violinist at the National Opera and Ballet House in Riga, Latvia, at several symphony orchestras around the world, and performed with various chamber music groups, both in the groups and as a soloist.
Aija moved to the U.S. in 1994 and her own dream has come true - she has become a citizen of this Great Nation. Aija has been actively pursuing her musical career here in the U.S. as well. Some of her professional highlights include performing at the following events:
- The NFL Super Bowl XXXVIII party at Reliant Stadium (Houston, TX)
- Dinner Party in honor of Laura Bush, First Lady of the U.S., held at the George Bush Presidential Library & Museum (College Station, TX)
- George and Barbara Bush Cancer Research fundraiser at the Astrodome (Houston, TX)
- Official Reception Ceremony for the President of Latvia (Houston, TX)
- The West Virginia Symphony Orchestra (Charleston, WV), where she performed as the First Violinist for three years and performed with such celebrities as violinist Itzhak Perlman, cellist Yo-Yo Ma, flutist James Galway, and fiddler extraordinaire Mark O'Connor.
- The Stages Repertoire Theatre (Houston, TX) where she performed as the featured violinist.
During her 20 years in the U.S., Aija has performed at hundreds of weddings and other events. She also teaches violin and piano at her Private Music Studio located in suburban Houston.